Welcome and Congratulations!
As you begin to plan for these important milestones, we are thrilled you are considering The Stone Mill. Within walking distance from campus, The Stone Mill provides guests with the most convenient location, and the most modern accommodations. Below you will find everything you need to know to make sure your visit is as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
When are rooms released for reservations?
Our most asked question :) In the Fall of a given year, we will release all rooms for February and May graduations for the next graduating year. (1 1/2 years from the release) In the spring of a given year, we will release all rooms for Fall Family Weekend for the next academic year. (1 1/2 years from release) We post on our Instragram page the exact time and date of the online release so we encourage you to follow @thestonemillvt. We will not release this information over the phone, and we will not share this information prior to the Instagram posting. We do not take reservations for these events over the phone.
I wasn't able to get a reservation, will you put my name on a waiting list?
Yes. We keep 3 names on our waiting list for each special event. If there is a cancellation, we will inform all names on the list that a room has opened. You will be directed to the website to make a reservation. Reservations will be on a first come, first served, basis.
Can I book all 4 rooms?
Booking takes place online and the engine will secure rooms on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to secure multiple rooms, we suggest you have multiple people online attempting to book rooms at the time of the release.
Can I add an extra cot for Grandma?
Unfortunately, no. Our fire permit limits our overall occupancy to 10 people. We cannot add cots to any rooms. The Mill Street Suite can accommodate up to 4 guests as it has a queen-sized pull-out sofa bed. Waterfalls and Mill Street can accommodate an infant, but guests must bring their own pack-n-play and bedding.
I have to cancel, can I transfer my reservation?
Room reservations are not transferable. Think of it as an airline reservation. If you must cancel, our special event cancellation policy is in effect. We will then make the room available to names on our waitlist.
I'd like to host a party during graduation. Can you help?
Parties are not permitted on the third floor where the rooms are located. However, we do have 2 decks that are available to rent. If you'd like additional information regarding options and pricing, please email email@example.com.
Special Terms and Conditions for Graduation and Fall Family Weekends
- The cancellation policy for graduation and Fall Family weekends allows for a full refund of deposit less a 5% processing fee, up to 120 days from 1st night of reservation. After that, the charges will only be refunded (less a 5% processing fee) if the room(s) can be rented for the same time period.
- Room reservations are not transferable.
Standard Terms and Conditions
· Check-in time is 4PM and Check-out time is 10AM.
· For a clear description of available overnight parking, please click here.
· An adult over the age of 25 must reserve and be present during the stay.
· Pets of any kind are not permitted.
· Room occupancy is limited to what is stated for each room. Fire Marshall requirements prevent us from allowing air mattresses or additional adults/children beyond stated limit.
Additional Terms and Conditions
· We can accommodate infants in our Waterfalls and Mill Street Suites only. Please note, we do not provide pack-n-plays.
· Smoking or vaping of any kind is prohibited in units, common areas, stairwells or on decks.
· Guests are prohibited from holding any events or parties during their stay. This includes stays when the entire property is reserved by one guest.
· Guests booking all four rooms will be charged an additional $100 cleaning fee.
· Please note, cleaning staff and owners may be entering the common area during your stay to address any issues and conduct cleaning services. This includes reservations by one party for all four rooms.